When cancer hits your family… You pray. You cry. You cling to those you love. You hope. You put your faith in your Jesus like never before and you trust His sovereignty knowing His will is not always your will. And you long to hear the words my sister heard today, “cancer free”! And then you rejoice and you lift your hands high and your spirit even higher as you praise His holy name in thanksgiving for having mercy on your family. You know in your heart you don’t deserve it over anyone else and you mourn and pray for others that long to hear those same words. You may even cringe at the thought of follow up visits. But today you rejoice!!!
I wrote those words on July 10, 2017 but they are still true today. Cancer is a terrible disease and no one wants it anywhere close to their family. I have two strong blessed sisters that are survivors and a sweet sister-in-law that fought a good long hard battle who now resides in the arms of Jesus.
Cancer is no respecter of persons. It doesn’t care how busy you are, how much money you may or may not have, or how important you might be. It hits when it hits. While there is a lot of mystery on direct causes and many things, such as genetics, that can’t be helped, there are some things we can do to help lower our risk.
- Limit alcohol
- Don’t smoke
- Control your weight
- Be physically active (shoot for 150+ minutes a week of moderate exercise – it can be less if it’s intense)
- Have cancer screenings done on time (mammogram, skin, colonoscopy, etc)
Please read that list again and act accordingly.
October Boot Camp
A long standing tradition of Follow Me Fit campers and clients is to wear Pink on Wednesday during October and to dedicate their workout in honor or memory of a pink warrior in their life. I’m asking you all to join us (in or out of the gym). Let’s pink out on Wednesdays!!
Follow Me Fit offers 2 camps: Live & Cyber. Boot Camp Live meets on Mondays & Wednesdays in person at the Life Center. All campers bring their own mat and social distance during our workout (no shared equipment). Cyber Camp meets on Thursdays online via Zoom and will have access to prerecorded workouts to use anytime during the month.
Register Here: http://tiny.cc/FMFonline. Existing campers do not have to register again. I have your information on file and your payment will serve as a confirmation for this camp.
October Pricing for Boot Camp:
No boot camp during Fall Break (October 12th – 16th) — Price has been adjusted this month.
- Full Access (Live and Cyber) – $70/month
- Live Only (MW at Life Center) – $40/month (6 sessions for Oct.)
- Cyber Only (Thurs online) – $30/month (4 Zoom sessions + 4 extra pre recorded YouTube videos to use anytime during the month).
- A La Carte:
- Live (1-3 classes):$10/ per class
- Live (4+ classes): 4-5=$35, 6=$40
- Cyber: $8/ per class (does not include video access)
Package payments must be made in advance and are only good for the month of the Boot Camp for which they were purchased.
Cyber Camp payment must be received 24 hours in advance to ensure receiving Zoom links in time for class. All links will be sent via email.
Quick Pay Links
Other Payment Options
- Zelle: pay to Shelley Scott – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venmo: pay to @Shelley-followmefit
- Google Pay: to Shelley Scott – email@example.com
- Credit Card: followmefit.net (or hit the quick pay links above)
- Paypal: paypal.me/followmefit
- Check by mail: contact trainer for address
- Check, cash, or card in person